0 of 3 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 3 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), 0
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Audio(s)/Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
For each question, choose the correct answer.
1. Where did the boy leave his phone?
2. Which photo are they looking at?
3. How much did the boy paid for his football socks?
4. What does the girl’s pencil case look like?
5. What do they decide to watch on TV?
6. What event did the girl see at the weekend?
7. What should the students write about for homework?
You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 8-13, choose the best answer (A, B or C).
8. You will hear a boy telling a friend about his holiday. What did he enjoy most about it?
A. The sort of people he met
B. The up-to-date accommodation
C. The range of organised activities
9. You will hear a girl telling a friend about a voleyball match she played in. How does she feel about it?
A. Satisfied with her own performance
B. Grateful for the support of her team mates
C. Impressed by the skills of players on both sides
10. You will hear two friends talking about a website they use for homework. What do they agree about it?
A. How simple it is to use
B. How much you can learn from it
C. How clearly things are explained on it
11. You will hear a girl telling a friend about a musical show she went to. What did she think of it?
A. The story wasn’t realistic enough
B. The music wasn’t very well played
C. The jokes weren’t particularly funny
12. You will hear two friends talking about some homework. What is the girl doing?
A. Explaining how she approached it
B. Suggesting that they do it together
C. Admitting that she didn’t understand
13. You will hear a boy telling a friend about a book he read. What did he like best about it?
A. The age of the characters
B. How exciting the story was
C. What it made him think about
You will hear a radio interview with Julia Emerson, a young writer. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer (A, B or C).
24. According to Julia, nowadays Hollywood producers
A. usually think of ideas for films themselves
B. write screenplays and contact stars
C. contact agents to find writers for them
25. Julia says that she
A. has written a number of successful screenplays for studios
B. was lucky enough to have her first screenplay accepted
C. was not discouraged by the lack of response from studios
26. Julia began writing in her spare time when she
A. published some articles in a magazine
B. had an idea for a TV series
C. came first in a short-story competition
27. Julia says that
A. she would like to write a version of classic film
B. there is a danger she might imitate other films
C. creative people should think a lot about films
28. Julia’s screenplay is about two sisters who
A. set out to try living in the jungle
B. find themselves in a difficult situation
C. end up hating each other
29. The theme of the story is
A. how out emotions about our family can change
B. Julia’s relationship with her brothers and sisters
C. about the importance of having a family
30. It appears that the film based on Julia’s screenplay
A. must be made withing the next few months
B. will be made when the studio has paid Julia
C. might never be made